Primary Optimization Area – Branding and Marketing
Client: Commercial Broadband Services Provider
Situation: A client in the Caribbean had extensive market coverage but awareness of its commercial offerings was low. This was largely attributed to its messaging (emphasis on low price), and a lack of differentiation between the client’s commercial and residential ad campaigns, with similarities in colors, tone, logo and messaging. As a result, sales in the SMB market were under-performing and the sales team was spending a considerable amount of time introducing the commercial division and its offerings, due to limited brand awareness of the provider’s commercial products and services.
Methodology: Sand Cherry’s Go-To Market team met with the commercial management team and used their input to create a brand promise document to capture the essence of the unique characteristics and capabilities of the client’s commercial business. Upon review and discussion of the document with the executive team, Corporate Marketing and the client’s outside agency, work began on the creation of a unique identity for the client’s B2B business unit, featuring core brand attributes that were authentic and relevant to commercial customer needs. The scope of work included a new logo as well as an ad campaign to re-launch the client’s commercial business to both SMB and enterprise customers.
The following results and metrics highlight the unprecedented success of the brand launch:
- Created a cross-functional project, led by the Commercial Marketing leader, that transformed the commercial brand in an accelerated timeframe
- 65% increase in inbound sales calls in the initial 90-120 days
- 35% increase in total inbound leads
- Tenfold increase in leads from the web site
- Surge in customer engagement via social media, from 0 to ~5,000 “Likes” on Facebook in 90 Days